Choose our Services?
We know you're probably shopping around, and we
know the competition is fierce! So we've put
together a list of reasons why the
ITS Group Information Technology Website Services Division offers significant advantages over
the competition. We will also try to address the nagging question, "My dial-up ISP gives me free Web space, why would I need to buy from a dedicated web hosting company, like yours?"
Customer Service & Tech Support with NO HYPE!
Customer Service and Tech Support should be the highest priority on your web host shopping list. Many companies claim to have a full staff of employees ready to answer your questions. What you soon find out is they have
a few message takers who pass the buck or
answering machines that leave you frustrated.
We pride ourselves on excellent customer service and tech support. Send us an e-mail at
firstname.lastname@example.org and don't be surprised if you get an answer just a few minutes later. While we can't guarantee that kind of response time, it isn't uncommon. Pick up the phone and give us a call. Somebody who can actually answer your question will be there. If not, your calls are quickly returned. When was the last time your present host called you back?
We always recommend trying our e-mail support first. In many cases a technical person will be better reached this way.
Our motto at ITS Group Information Technology is "No Hype". What is No Hype? It means we don't make claims we can't live up to, we don't offer services that are less than advertised, and we don't make silly claims like "unlimited disk space" (think about that for a few seconds and you'll realize how silly it is). Yet, there are web hosts out there making these claims. These are the same hosts whose only goal is to gain a large customer base and then be bought by a larger company, who ultimately raises prices or reduces features.
Sure, we don't doubt you can find a cheaper host out there, but you get what you pay for. This is true in almost any other buying situation and it is doubly true in the web hosting industry. If you want reliable hosting, with reasonable prices and great features, give us a try.
Why not use my ISP?
Here's the question that usually generates the most interest. There are many reasons NOT to store your Web site with a dial-up ISP.
From a fast ethernet 10 meg full duplex to fibre connection ( OC3) rated at 155Mbps, obviously more bandwidth than you'll ever need!
See the difference?
- Most ISP's won't let you use your free Web space for business purposes, if you get free Web space at all.
- An ISP has optimized their equipment for dial-up service, not serving Web pages. So while they may be on the cutting edge with their dial-up hardware, it is not likely that they are keeping up with the latest hardware and software dedicated to serving Web pages.
- What if you want to switch dial-up providers? You won't be able to take your established Web address with you (unless your ISP is hosting a virtual domain for you), thus alienating visitors who expect to find your site at a specific location.
- Many ISPs' free Web space is located under their domain name where they just stick a tilde "~" in front of your username and that becomes your Web address. Not very professional looking for a business.
- As mentioned above, many ISP's use slower lines to save money, (these connections can be very costly, costing thousands of dollars a month) while we use the fastest connection to the internet we can get. Our current pipeline has practically unlimited expansion capabilties.
Lots of Available Server Software!
We keep up with the latest upgrades and enhancements for the most popular server-based Internet
Don't settle for out-of-date software!